Johnson Farms Plants and Pumpkins exists to offer high quality plants and produce in a beautiful, relaxed setting. Three generations of Johnsons collaborate to run two very different seasons of business: spring & fall. In the spring, we offer Kansas City’s most economical tropical, vegetable and herb plants in our greenhouse operation*. In the fall, we offer a U-pick apple orchard, pumpkin patch and Kansas City’s largest Garden Mum crop grown right here on our farm. Both seasons are highly conditional on the weather and on our stewardship of the land. When you visit the farm, you will encounter employees who are both our neighbors and our friends. They are compassionate towards, and love to visit with our guests by providing advice about gardening and flowers, and probably lots of other stuff too! We are crazy about sharing all there is at Johnson Farms and encourage others to put on their overalls and get outside.
Come share the beauty of our 140 acre farm beginning in August, as we celebrate 20 years of farming here in KC!
You and your family can look forward to enjoying:
- Our 20th Anniversary Celebration Sunflower Fields.
- A bumper crop of apples including Honey Crisp, Gala, Fuji and others from the 5,000 U-Pick apple tree orchard.
- Our widely revered farm-grown garden mums: 26,000 of them available in 7 colors!
- Our 20th year of presenting a plentiful harvest from 50 acres of pumpkins and decorative produce
- Seasonal treats like pumpkin spice donuts and cider slushies.
Come out to the country and enjoy the blue sky and friendly faces out at the farm! SEE YOU IN THE FALL!
*CLOSED SPRING 2021 FOR REMODELING PROJECT IN GREENHOUSE