Special Events at the Farm
Special Events Calendar
September 15th – 17th: Fall Handmade & Vintage Chick Event
The 4th annual Fall Handmade & Vintage Chick Event moves to Johnson Farms and includes more than just shopping! Chick Event Ticket Includes:
- Over 100 handmade & vintage vendors
- First 100 guests on Friday receive a free mum
- DIY Make & Take Classes – must sign up online ahead of time
- Barnyard Grill offering a farm fresh menu & food trucks
- Cider slushies & pumpkin donuts
- Shop the Johnson Farm mum garden with over 25,000 mums in over 80 varieties
October 1st: KC Pumpkin Run
Celebrate Fall with us at the 5th annual Pumpkin Run 5K and Kids Run! All participants will receive a race shirt, custom bib, pumpkin and will compete for age group and overall prizes. The 3.1 mile course will take you on roads and trails through Johnson Farms and through the corn maze to the finish line. After the 5K will be the Kids Fun Run for ages 8 and under!
October 6th: Patch to Plate
Spend an adults-only evening at Johnson Farms featuring live music, small bites handcrafted from Johnson Farms’ own produce by the chefs at West Bottoms Kitchen, and a non-alcoholic elixir bar. Your ticket includes entry into a raffle for prizes from local businesses and restaurants, as well as a complimentary selection of produce fresh from the farm. Proceeds from the event will benefit the opening of KC Common Table, Kansas City’s first pay-what-you-can cafe, dedicated to building community by proving fresh, affordable food to our KC neighbors.