Fall School Tours
2019 will mark our seventeenth year of offering fun, educational school tours for children preschool age to 3rd grade!
Dates – Times – Prices*
- Dates: September 24 – October 31, 2019
- Times: Tuesday through Thursday – 9 am – 10:45 am. Guided tour alone is approximately one hour in length, depending upon group size. Add one half hour if picnicking and a minimum of an additional hour for further exploring on your own. Average length of stay is 2 1/2 hours, but you may stay all day if you choose!
- Price of our guided tour is $7 per child and non-staff chaperon** with a minimum of 20 paying participants.
- Schedule a tour at 11:00 am -11:45 am for your smaller daycare or school, and you will be considered a self-guided tour with a reduced rate of $7/student, support staff free. This does not include a pie pumpkin, but does give access to our playground, animal corral and a wagon ride up to the fields. There is a 10 person minimum for this rate. (Sorry, not available to homeschool groups.)
There will be a $120 minimum charge for 20 or less for all tours scheduled prior to 11 am. Only students will take home a self-harvested pumpkin. We allow 2 teachers free per each class plus any para staff necessary, and suggest a ratio of 6:1 for parent chaperons.
**School tours are considered a discounted admission, so no other deals, discounts or coupons are allowed. Tax exemption letters need to be on file to be applicable.
- Educational chat with one of our Education Specialists about growing pumpkins, farm animals, and life on the farm. We strive to meet the GLE’s for both Missouri and Kansas for each grade level.
- Wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch*
- Fall decorative produce for each child**
Arriving back from the wagon ride, we will help organize your bounty at your storage/lunch tables which will free you up for self guided:
- Visiting nose to nose with the farm animals at the Animal Corral
- Exploration time in the Pumpkin Shed Maze, Noah’s Play Yard, Giant Tunnel Maze, Jumping Pillows (age 3 -12), our NEW CORN CRIB PIT and IMAGINATION BUS plus much more!
*We try to make our farm impervious to the weather. However, in the event of severe weather, we reserve the right to cancel the hayride and field access for safety reasons, and substitute another fun activity. Please call 24 hours in advance if you’d like to reschedule.
**Subject to Mother Nature: We will substitute other fall produce (Indian corn, gourds, etc.) in case of crop failure.
Each lead teacher receives complimentary admission as well as a free pumpkin (approximately 15 lbs.) for the class chosen from a designated area of pre-harvested pumpkins. Chaperones are allowed at a ratio of 1 per 6 children and will assist in the harvesting activity, however, they do not harvest any for themselves. They are welcome to stay after the tour and harvest produce at the market price.
Smaller Group (10>20)Option
Self-Guided Tours are available Tuesday thru Thursday @ $7/person* age 3 and up, with arrival times between 11:00 am and 11:45 am for smaller day cares, senior citizens, and school groups who do not meet the 20 paid participant minimum. We must have a confirmed reservation in our system to grant you access to the pumpkin farm before the general public is invited at noon. All visiting is done at your leisure and your discretion, and any pumpkins you pick will be an additional charge. Picnic space cannot be reserved, but generally picnic space is not a problem after 12:00 pm.
*Tax exemption letter must be on file to be applicable.
Not a school and needing an afternoon visit for a group? Click here!