If you haven’t yet experienced a day at our Pumpkin Farm, you need to visit us this year. This will be our 15th year of providing the area’s families good old fashioned outdoor family fun. At Johnson Farms, you’ll be in the country, but close to your home.
- SPECIAL PRE-SEASON MUMSALES ONLY BEGIN THURS., SEPT. 1. MON-SAT 9 AM TO 6 PM; Sundays, 11-4 pm
- PUMPKIN FARM Hours beginning Saturday, Sept. 24- Monday, October 31
- Monday - Friday noon to 6 pm
- Sat and Sun 9 am to 6 pm.
- RETAIL STORE for no admission charge EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK beginning September 24:
- pumpkins, squash, mums, corn stalk bundles, straw bales and harvest and halloween items. Open from 9 am to 6 pm daily.
The Pumpkin Farm opens September 24 and closes at 3 pm October 31.
Decorate with festive, fall colors.
The oranges, red and yellows of autumn await you at Johnson Farms. From Cinderalla pumpkins to crazy loooking gourds, we’ll have plenty of colorful decorations ready to dress up your home and landscape with natural beauty. Here’s a list of what you can expect to harvest from our 60 acres:
- All shapes, sizes and colors of pumpkins
- All shapes, sizes and colors of Gourds
- All shapes, sizes and colors of Giant Squash
- Many unusual Sunflowers and Zinnias
- Over 100 varieties of 3 gallon garden mums @ $10.99 or 3/$29.99
- WHY PAY MORE FOR A FAMILY SIZED MAZE? OUR 20 ACRE MAZE GREAT FOR KIDS 12 AND UP (ALTHOUGH WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND PARENTAL SUPERVISION) AND IT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR ADMISSION!
To Our Happy Pumpkin Harvesters
We began back in the fall of 2001 offering wheelbarrows to collect your harvest. We have increased our fleet to over 160 wheelbarrows!
One modestly mounded wheelbarrow holds 100 lbs. so keep that in mind when you're up in the field so you can do the math:
PICK 100 LBS. OR MORE, PAY ONLY $.35/lb. If you harvest less than 100 lbs. the price is $.45/lb. Please bring your own harvesting instrument. If you're cutting flowers, make sure you have a bucket of water to put them into once you reach your vehicle: they'll fare better.
- We also have pre-harvested pumpkins in our retail area available at $.49/lb.
- Straw bales and cornstalk bundles with ears of corn on them, both are only $6,99 each
- other fun holiday and harvest items.
A Fun Way to Spend Your Day
After a wagon ride out to the field, your children will race through the 40-acre pumpkin patch and will thrill at the sight of their perfect pumpkin! While you're out there, meander the twists and turns of the 20 acre corn maze with your kids, (always a good idea to go in with them!)
When they come back to the playgrounds, they will love our Giant Tunnel Crawl, Corn Crib Maze, SIlo Play Yard and NUMEROUS play areas, with plenty of room for all.
On the weekends we have a small extra charge for Farmer Tom's Barrel Train and additional jumping pillow turns beyond the one that is included with every admission . The barrel train is for 2 and up, unless mom or dad can fit in the barrel! Additional Jumping Pillow* and train are $2*
Jumping Pillows open every day from open to 5:30. Included in every child's admission.
Additional jump @ $2
Train rides on Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 5 pm. Additional $2 charge
Most weekends with good weather you'll also be welcomed to the farm by the aroma of our Barnyard Grill, where we grill up angus burgers, our own sweet corn, and baked potatoes!
The farm animal corral with weekend pig races beginning at 11 am, run every two hours** is a short trip from the Little Kids’ Maze Barn where your kids can lose themselves in the straw maze. Big Kids will enjoy our BIG KID FORT BARN, and TIRE JUNGLE, AND NEW PING PONG QUONSETS
Not far from the Pumpkin Popper* and Pumpkin Chomper* stroll through the Gourd Tunnel and vegetable and flower patch while you're waiting for the cannon to shoot pumpkins across the lake,
PUMPKIN SPICE DONUTS AND APPLE CIDER SLUSHES are eveubody's go to when all the fresh air makes you realize it’s time for a snack. We have picnic space for plenty of people. Don’t forget to pick up Harvest and Halloween items in our retail area before you head home.
Admission and Hours of Operation
Johnson Farms Pumpkin Patch is open:
Monday through Friday 12 to 6 pm.
Saturday and Sunday 9 to 6 pm.
Daily Admission Prices INCLUDES TAX:
|2 AND UNDER||FREE||FREE|
|60 YEARS & UP||$7||$9|
Adult or two sizes of Family Season Passes also available at entrance gate.
Military personnel and their families with military I.D. receive $2 off EACH admission.
You may be requested to show additional photo I.D. No additional discounts or coupons may be used in conjunctioin with this discount.
* Includes one FREE jump on our Giant jumping pillows
HOUSEKEEPING NOTE: This is a 140 acre working farm, so dress appropriately and be ready to run around and enjoy the fresh air. It’s also a good idea to bring a pair of gloves and your favorite cutters if you plan to harvest a pumpkin from our patch. Pets are not allowed at Johnson Farms, so please leave them at home if you plan to visit us this fall. Of course, medically necessary guide dogs are excluded from this restriction. For field conditions and more information, call 816-331-1067 or click here.
Pumpkin Season News Archive
Sweet Corn anyone?