It’s Pumpkin Season!
Decorate with Festive, Fall Colors
First off, beginning Sept. 1, 2017 we begin our pre-season MUM Sale. Please click here for details on this years crop.
The oranges, red and yellows of autumn await you at Johnson Farms in our u-pick pumpkin patch opening Sept. 23, 2017. From Cinderella pumpkins to crazy looking gourds, we’ll have plenty of colorful decorations ready to dress up your home and landscape with natural beauty. Here’s a list of what you can expect to harvest from our 40 acres:
- All shapes, sizes and colors of pumpkins
- All shapes, sizes and colors of Gourds
- All shapes, sizes and colors of Giant Squash
- Many unusual Sunflowers and Zinnias at only $2, $3.50 or $5 per small, medium or large bouquets respectively
- If you’re cutting flowers, make sure you have a bucket of water to put them into once you reach your vehicle: they’ll fare better
Want to bring a group of 30 or more?
To Our Happy Pumpkin Harvesters
We began back in the fall of 2001 offering wheelbarrows to collect your harvest. We have now increased our fleet to over 160 wheelbarrows!
One modestly mounded wheelbarrow holds 100 lbs. so keep that in mind when you’re up in the field so you can do the math.
PICK 100 LBS. OR MORE, PAY ONLY $.35/lb. If you harvest less than 100 lbs. the price is $.45/lb. Please bring your own harvesting instrument.
- We will also have pre-harvested pumpkins in our retail area available at $.49/lb. after September 23rd
- Straw bales are only $6.99 each
- Various fall accent plants to redo your planters in tons of textures
- Don’t forget to pick up harvest and Halloween items in our retail area before you head home
A Fun Way to Spend Your Day
From the 40-acre pumpkin patch, numerous play areas and farm animals, Johnson Farms is a day of fun for the entire family.
- Meander the twists and turns of the 20 acre corn maze with your kids, (always a good idea to go in with them!)
- Climb through the giant tunnel crawl, corn crib maze and silo play yard
- Big kids will enjoy our Big Kid Fort Barn, Tire Jungle, and New Ping Pong Quonsets
- Huge jumping pillows included with every child’s admission (additional jumps $2)
- Come visit the farm animal corral with weekend pig races beginning at 11am and running every two hours
- Watch the Pumpkin Popper shoot pumpkins across the lake or the Pumpkin Chomper enjoy a tasty pumpkin meal (both weather permitting)
- On weekends, we have a small extra charge ($2) for Farmer Tom’s Barrel Train. The barrel train is for 2 and up, unless mom or dad can fit in the barrel!
Time for a snack at the Barnyard Grill
Pumpkin Spice Donuts and Apple Cider Slushes are everybody’s go to when all the fresh air makes you realize it’s time for a snack. We have picnic space for plenty of people and lots to choose from at our Barnyard Grill, where we grill up Angus burgers, our own sweet corn, and baked potatoes!
Admission and Hours of Operation
Johnson Farms Pumpkin Patch Hours
Monday through Friday 12 to 6 pm.
Saturday and Sunday 9 to 6 pm.
Daily Admission Prices (includes tax)
|2 and under||Free||Free|
|60 years & up||$7||$9|
*Includes one FREE jump on our Giant jumping pillows
Housekeeping note: This is a 140 acre working farm, so dress appropriately and be ready to run around and enjoy the fresh air. It’s also a good idea to bring a pair of gloves and your favorite cutters if you plan to harvest a pumpkin from our patch. Pets are not allowed at Johnson Farms, so please leave them at home if you plan to visit us this fall. Of course, medically necessary guide dogs are excluded from this restriction. For field conditions and more information, call 816-331-1067 or click here.