Fall School Tours
2017 will mark our fifteenth year of offering fun, educational school tours for children preschool age to 3rd grade!
Dates – Times – Prices*
- Dates: September 22 – October 31
- Times: Monday through Friday – 9 am – 11:45 am. Tour alone is approximately one hour in length, depending upon group size. Add one half hour if picnicking and up to an additional hour for further exploring on your own.
- Monday and Tuesdays: $6 per child or non-teacher chaperon* with a minimum of 20 paying participants.
- Wednesdays through Fridays, $7 per child or non-teacher chaperon* with a minimum of 20 paying participants.
*We have two weeks that have been historically VERY popular. Because we are open for fall farm tours from Sept. 26 – Oct, 31, we’d like to encourage visits outside of those two weeks. Therefore, this year we have a premium price added to those two weeks of tours. If you book a visit during either the week of 10/10 or 10/17, there is an additional $1 charge per student and chaperon for that day of the week in which you book. The additional proceeds from your reservation will be saved in entirety in a scholarship fund to be awarded for farm tours to the poorest school districts in our KC metro area who otherwise would not be able to visit.
There will be a $140 minimum charge for 20 or less. Only students will take home a self-harvested pumpkin. We allow 2 teachers free per each class!
School tours are considered a discounted admission, so no other deals, discounts or coupons are allowed.
- Educational chat with Farmer Tom and his son’s wife, Ms. Jeanne about growing pumpkins and life on the farm
- Hayride out to the pumpkin patch*
- Fall decorative produce for each child**
- Time to go nose to nose with the farm animals at the animal corral
- time to play in the Pumpkin Shed Maze, Noah’s Play Yard, or Giant Tunnel Maze
*We try to make our farm impervious to the weather. However, in the event of severe weather, we reserve the right to cancel the hayride and field access for safety reasons, and substitute another fun activity. Please call 24 hours in advance if you’d like to reschedule.
**Subject to Mother Nature: We will substitute other fall produce (Indian corn, gourds, etc.) in case of crop failure.
Each teacher receives complimentary admission as well as a free pumpkin (approximately 15 lbs.) for the class chosen from a designated area of pre-harvested pumpkins. Chaperones are suggested at a ratio of 1 per 6 children and will assist in the harvesting activity, however, they do not harevest any for themselves. Our farm is open solely to school groups during the hours 9 am to noon, so you may feel secure in your surroundings.
Smaller Group than 20 Option
Self-Guided Tours are available Monday – Friday @ $6/person age 3 and up, with arrival times between 11:00 am and 11:45 am for smaller daycares, senior citizens, and school groups who do not meet the 20 paid participant minimum. We must have a confirmed reservation in our system to grant you access to the pumpkin farm before the general public is invited at noon, and we do not promise that all amenities will be necessarily free from other groups visiting as we do for the guided tour option. All visiting is done at your leisure and your discretion, and any pumpkins you pick will be an additional charge. Picnic space cannot be reserved, but generally picnic space is not a problem after 12:00 pm.
Not a school and needing an afternoon visit for a group? Click here!