Closed during summer.
Mums: Open Sept 1 for pre-pumpkin season mum sales
U-Pick Veggies: Check back for early September opening date.
Pumpkin Farm Fun: Open Sept. 24 - Oct. 31
Now Available: Online Fall Tour Registration!
You can now use our convenient online registration form to book your weekday school or group farm tour! No telephone tag! Click here to get started today! For groups who want to book weekend reservations, contact Jeanne to discuss your event. PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL INPUTTING YOUR INFORMATION TO ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE ALL PERTINENT DETAILS FOR YOUR RESERVATION! CHECK YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION FOR ACCURACY BEFORE CLICKING SAVE.
Fall 2016 EVENTS
MUM SALES BEGIN, Thurs, Sept. 1
U-Pick Veggie Patch opens Sat, Sept. 17
Doggie 2K benefitting Rose Brooks, Saturday, 9/17
Chainsaw carving Demo Sat and Sun, 9/17 and 9/18
Our Farm...Your Table Workshop, Sun, 9/18
U-Pick Pumpkin Farm Fun opens Sat, Sept. 24
Our Farm...Your Table Workshop, Sun, 9/25
KC Pumpkin Run benefitting Ozanam Home, Sun, 10/2
Looking for quick answers?
Click on Fall Season FAQ's
Mums, Veggies, Pumpkins and Farm Animals Opening soon!
Johnson Farms Plants and Pumpkins exists to provide only the highest quality plants and produce in a beautiful, relaxed setting. Two generations of Johnsons collaborate to run two very different seasons of business - a greenhouse operation in spring and a pumpkin patch in the fall. Since both seasons are heavily dependent on the land and the weather we employ sustainably wise growing methods in the greenhouse and outside in the soil.
So, why should you visit the farm this fall, especially if you're never done so before?
1) When you visit Johnson Farms you will meet our knowledgeable staff. They are friends and neighbors and have a deep passion for what our farm provides for the community every year. And, as you'll discover, their passion is contagious.
2) WE ARE A WORKING FARM; we live here, we work hard here, and we aim to share all that the blessing of land offers with our community. Especially in the fall, you will feel the effects of having left the hassle of city life, and be hit between the eyes with wide open blue sky and gorgeous crops of u-pick vegetables and pumpkins. Not to mention our lip smacking good PUMPKIN SPICE DONUTS AND CIDER SLUSHES as well as the Barnyard Grill for good healthy choices.
3) Johnson Farms is a short, pleasant drive to 177th and Holmes. Forget those funky, winding back roads. We're just 15 minutes south of the Three Crossings (the intersection of I-470, I-435 and U.S. Highway 71/49). Look for the wide-open blue sky!
4) Farmer Tom is a true inventor; he loves to tinker and repurpose items and use them for fun features on the farm. Every year we change it up a little, adding new things for kids and adults alike. New this year: A GIANT THREE WHEELER!
5) Like to save money? So do we! We send discounts, specials and important news to customers who provide us with their email address. This is a no-brainer just click on the newsboy in the header of this page.
When you buy from Johnson Farms you're supporting a local farm mindful of the environment, passionate about sustainable living, and all the while offering beauty for the home at affordable prices. We look forward to meeting you soon
Marry Me Bri!
We're happy to announce the engagement of Second Lieutenant Nick Tygard to Bri Hanschu. It happened in the pumpkin patch on Satuday, 10/27. After looking for the perfect pumpkin, she found these and said YES! Congratulations and many blessings on your marriage.
Have you ever seen such a happy harvester?
Our friend Brenda with the first fruits of harvest from our fields. We trade Brenda artwork for pumpkins and flowers, and she ran right over today when she was given the go-ahead to gather up a wheelbarrow of fall's bounty. All this will be available for our guests beginning Saturday, Sept. 22. Come out and perhaps you'll meet one of three artists upon whom we rely for adding their artistic touch to the farm. Open from 9 am to 6 pm, Saturday and Sunday...
Pumpkin Popper captured in action
A customer named Aaron Beck captured Jim Johnson blowing off some steam, or shall we say, some pumpkins. Super cool shot! Thanks for sharing!
Vegetable Gleaning Event participants
The Decker Family came out today with intentions of pumpkin harvesting and playground fun. Dad came too! Mom listened to the details of the gleaning event, and decided that sure was a good deal, headed out to the vegetable field and discovered how much fun she and her family were having, then she asked if they could come back tomorrow! Here's their first go at vegetable harvesting; not bad at all, boys!
Cider Slushies in a pumpkin sipper
Evidently this drink is so delicious that you don't put it down even if you're getting your picture taken. Aurora said "Cheese" with the straw still stuck between her teeth! Glad you had a good day here, Aurora!
Here’s a picture of one of our antique tractors getting ready to pull wagons of folks up to the pumpkin patch. First pull up starts on September 20!
See you soon!
The secret is out...Johnson's is the place for quality, selection, service and price!
The Johnson Family has been in the farming business for over thirty years, and we’re excited about sharing the beauty of our 140 acre farm with you. For Fall 2010, we will be presenting a plentiful harvest from 60 acres of pumpkins and decorative produce, as well as hardy mums. We are a greenhouse in the spring, a summer produce purveyor in the summer and a pumpkin patch in the fall. We’re proud of our family farm and want to share our enthusiasm with you. The Johnson Farm provides your family an opportunity to escape to the country and take pleasure in nature’s bounty. We look forward to seeing you time and time again.